Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Justification?

Well, I guess we have all seen and heard the riots in Tottenham last night. Worth it?
The "friends" of the killed man obviously thought destroying a town, community and lives of people that had absolutely nothing to do with the event, was justification for a man's life.
People have lost their home, business, their lives are in turmoil for how long? Many of these people have no hope of rebuilding their lives, no personal insurance, low incomes. They have lost so many personal belongings that cannot ever be replaced with money.
The news reflects the impact this has had on the local community, but in the months to come, people who were forced to lose their homes and livelihood last night will still be struggling to rebuild their lives.
Is this justification for a man shot dead by police? A man armed with a gun who for whatever reason fired and shot a policeman?
I wasn't there; I can't speak for the dead man or the police but I'm sure this young man's mother is not feeling less pain from the events of last night; indeed I'm sure it has only intensified her grieving.
Comments please; I'm sure we all have a point of view.

Sunday, 7 August 2011 at 09:51

No comments:

Post a Comment