Wednesday, 11 January 2012

The Beautiful Blue

by Tina Allman on Wednesday, 1 September 2010 at 22:28


Ah bless, the sound of the gulls; always fills me with contentment.
I'm sitting here on the pier, my feet dangling in someone's battered blue boat and it's perfect.
The light is fading so I guess I wont have long.
Sludge. The tide is slowly creeping in and I almost want to jump in just to see how deep I would go but how the hell would I get out again?
I would definitely lose my sneakers. hahahahaha .
A few people are crab fishing but that's it.
Just me, the gulls and the gentle sound of the sea as it gently laps against the boats.
Engine, someone just coming in on their little boat. Wonder if they were fishing? For?
Haha, There's the wave that follows.
How simple life is when at the water's edge. The most calming place and always where my heart feels happy. Where's your happy place?
I don't want to leave but dusk is falling and it really will be too dark to sit with my feet dangling in this beautiful blue boat any longer.
What do you think the gulls say to each other?
Guess the fishermen will be out early hours to cast their nets for the day. The simple life, wouldn't we all wish for one of those.
Slightly chilly right now and my arse is feeling it sitting on this cold metal pier but the boat draws me in.
Stay a while longer, it says.
Dangle your feet in my beautiful blue.
Thankyou for your hospitality, say I,
And yes, beautiful blue, I should be happy to spend my time with you.
Maybe 5 more, then I really must leave,
But return with pleasure and see,
If you should happen to be moored against the pier,
So my feet may dangle once more my dear.
Farewell my beautiful blue,
Till the next time, although;
I fear our paths shall never again cross.....






No comments:

Post a Comment