Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Elizabeth Begley.

Betty Begley from Glasgow with a soft voice, slight frame, blue eyes and the blondest of hair.
The girl I met when I was merely 15?
The girl who introduced me to snakebite.
The girl who was the first girl I knew with tattoos.
The girl who my brother loved and married, bore three children with and stayed friends with after the divorce.
I am so sorry that you left without having said goodbye.
I am so sorry that your body was ravaged by that vile disease.
I am so sorry that your children are left feeling numb and not quite sure what they are supposed to do next.
I am so sorry that the next time I see you, will be at a service and you will be inside a wooden box.
I am happy that you no longer have to be here, in pain, knowing that there is no return to life.
I am happy that your loved one's no longer have to awaken daily wondering "will today be the day?"
I am happy that everyone will have fond memories of you, moments shared together that eventually they will smile over.
I know that you will be happy in spirit.
I know that you will always be around your children and will watch your grandchildren grow.
I know that life goes on.
Stay safe Betty Begley.
I guess one day we will catch up with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment