Here at Colne Engaite in Essex with my mother and sis Maria for lunch. The pub is in a quaint little village with a fab dummy of the queen in the phone box outside. I have the sirloin medium rare, mum rare and they are cooked perfectly. Maria has the chicken with pea and bean risotto which is so nice; risotto creamy, beans still got a bite and the Parmesan basket filled with salad is pretty but totally unnecessary, I would prefer fresh over my risotto.
The chips are freshly made but a minute more for a golden finish would be great.
The pub is more than 500 years old and lists all the landlords from times gone by. I'm not so impressed by the decor but the food is all freshly cooked to order, the service is very friendly, and worth the drive to get here.



No comments:
Post a Comment