9/1/13
Well, what a evening that was! I left work 2 hours later than I should have only then to reach the motorway and find myself sitting in traffic and my usual 45 minute drive home turned into 3 hours. Yes, I did say 3 hours,and no, I'm not exaggerating.
You know when you are nearing a exit point and think "should I get off here" well I thought it, just didn't bloody follow through. To make matters worse my fuel light came on and although I know I can drive home easily I did start to worry after circa 2 hours because I really thought I would breakdown. I started turning my engine off during the long stationary periods although this meant no heater and my feet getting cold, so I contemplated what I would do if I had to sleep in the car overnight. I decided that the few crackers in my bag left from lunch with the orange from maybe 3 days ago plus half a bottle of water would suffice and the blanket in the boot would have to be enough with my coat if I slept on the back seat.
It was a long evening I can tell you so when I finally arrived home I fed my cat (Pix hasn't come home) made a cup of tea, a slice of toast with marmite and had 10 minutes before contemplating bed which is where I am right now with a little black cat fast asleep over my shoulder.
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment